November 1, 2010
Now there’s a new way to get the legal news you need – no subscription required. It’s called Westlaw News & Insight, and it’s actually four distinct websites designed to help attorneys keep pace with current events in these practice areas:
Here are today’s top stories from the National Litigation site.
|Cement could unglue Halliburton’s BP spill defense
New criticism of Halliburton’s work on BP’s blown-out Gulf of Mexico well could make it harder for the world’s second-largest oilfield services company to escape significant responsibility for the disaster.
|UBS whistleblower claims prosecutor obstructed probe
The jailed whistleblower in a landmark tax evasion case against UBS is accusing a top U.S. Justice Department lawyer of “criminal conduct” for thwarting his efforts to cooperate with investigations of the Swiss bank by federal regulators and the U.S. Senate.
|Lions Gate sues Icahn
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. sued Carl Icahn on Thursday, alleging the billionaire interfered with its earlier efforts to merge with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and other studios. The suit comes even as the two are proceeding with a joint effort to effect a merger with MGM.
Westlaw News & Insight is the only news source that gives you
- Timely news written by Reuters journalists for legal audiences
- Original content from a dedicated editorial team
- Thoughtful analysis from Westlaw Journal and Aspatore contributing authors
- Featured court documents and other high-value material on Westlaw
- Audio and video clips of trial and appellate court proceedings
- Court Wire live feeds of the most recently filed cases
Register for Westlaw News & Insight and link directly to deeper legal content on Westlaw.