October 19, 2010
Now there’s a new way to get the legal news you need – no subscription required. It’s called Westlaw News & Insight, and it’s actually four distinct websites designed to help attorneys keep pace with current events in these practice areas:
Here are some of today’s top stories from the Bankruptcy site.
|Lehman bankruptcy a $1 billion payday for advisers
NEW YORK, Oct 18 (Reuters Legal) – When Lehman Brothers collapsed, a whole lot of money vanished with it. Its bankruptcy, on the other hand, just keeps on paying..
|WaMu’s disclosure statement to get court hearing
WILMINGTON, Del., Oct 18 (Reuters Legal) – Washington Mutual Inc. was cleared on Monday to begin court hearings to approve its disclosure statement, which will allow the bank holding company to seek a creditor vote on its reorganization to end its two-year bankruptcy.
|Goldman gives bankrupt Tronox better deal on exit financing
Oct 15 (Reuters Legal) – Tronox Inc. secured more favorable terms on its $425 million debtor-in-possession and exit- financing facility with Goldman Sachs, another sign of how free-flowing bankruptcy credit has become after years of tightness.
Westlaw News & Insight is the only news source that gives you
- Timely news written by Reuters journalists for legal audiences
- Original content from a dedicated editorial team
- Thoughtful analysis from Westlaw Journal and Aspatore contributing authors
- Featured court documents and other high-value material on Westlaw
- Audio and video clips of trial and appellate court proceedings
- Court Wire live feeds of the most recently filed cases
Make Westlaw News & Insight (www.westlawnews.com) your home page and start each day with the latest legal news, information and analysis.