October 20, 2010
Now there’s a new way to get the legal news you need – no subscription required. It’s called Westlaw News & Insight, and it’s actually four distinct websites designed to help attorneys keep pace with current events in these practice areas:
Here are today’s top stories from the Securities Litigation site.
|SEC charges hedge fund with inflating ‘side pockets’
U.S. securities regulators charged two hedge fund managers at Georgia-based Palisades Master Fund with fraud on Tuesday, claiming they had overvalued illiquid assets placed in a “side pocket” to deceive investors and steal millions of dollars.
|Judge gives final signoff on Citigroup-SEC deal
A federal judge gave final approval to Citigroup Inc’s revised $75 million settlement with the Securities and Exchange Commission to resolve allegations that the bank misled investors about its subprime mortgage exposure.
|NY jury asked to identify lies in EMI dispute
A New York jury was asked on Monday to decide who may have lied in a dispute over a Citigroup-backed, $6.4 billion buyout of legendary music company EMI by British financier Guy Hands in 2007.
Westlaw News & Insight is the only news source that gives you
- Timely news written by Reuters journalists for legal audiences
- Original content from a dedicated editorial team
- Thoughtful analysis from Westlaw Journal and Aspatore contributing authors
- Featured court documents and other high-value material on Westlaw
- Audio and video clips of trial and appellate court proceedings
- Court Wire live feeds of the most recently filed cases
Make Westlaw News & Insight (www.westlawnews.com) your home page and start each day with the latest legal news, information and analysis.