November 18, 2010
Now there’s a new way to get the legal news you need – no subscription required. It’s called Westlaw News & Insight, and it’s actually four distinct websites designed to help attorneys keep pace with current events in these practice areas:
Here are today’s top stories from the Securities Litigation site.
|‘Aggressive’ legal strategy costs BOA $500 million Lehman deposit
Bank of America Corp. was ordered by a bankruptcy judge to return a $500 million deposit it seized from a Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc account shortly after Lehman’s bankruptcy.
|For Barclays and Morgan Stanley, a court date looms
In the aftermath of the financial crisis, bitter disputes have erupted between large investment and commercial banks, but few cases have proceeded to trial. Now, a fight pitting Morgan Stanley against Barclays Bank is poised to do just that.
|At trial, ex-SocGen trader admits code theft
A former Societe Generale trader admitted he took home printouts of the French bank’s speed-trading code and admitted it was wrong, and that he shared it with a prospective employer, an odd twist in the criminal trial over trade secrets theft.
Westlaw News & Insight is the only news source that gives you
- Timely news written by Reuters journalists for legal audiences
- Original content from a dedicated editorial team
- Thoughtful analysis from Westlaw Journal and Aspatore contributing authors
- Featured court documents and other high-value material on Westlaw
- Audio and video clips of trial and appellate court proceedings
- Court Wire live feeds of the most recently filed cases
Register for Westlaw News & Insight and link directly to deeper legal content on Westlaw.