November 11, 2010
Now there’s a new way to get the legal news you need – no subscription required. It’s called Westlaw News & Insight, and it’s actually four distinct websites designed to help attorneys keep pace with current events in these practice areas:
Here are today’s top stories from the Securities Litigation site.
|Ex-Kmart CEO settles SEC fraud case for $5.5 million
Charles Conaway, a former chief executive of Kmart Corp., agreed to pay $5.5 million to end a Securities and Exchange Commission lawsuit accusing him of misleading shareholders about the retailer’s prospects prior to its 2002 bankruptcy.
|Former KB Home CEO sentenced to home detention
Former head of KB Home Bruce Karatz was sentenced to eight months home detention on Wednesday, much lower than what the government had requested in one of its highest profile prosecutions of illegal stock option backdating.
|Jury finds NY rabbi guilty of extortion in hedge fund case
An Orthodox Jewish rabbi director of a Brooklyn, New York, religious school was found guilty by a jury on Wednesday on charges of trying to extort $4 million from SAC Capital hedge fund billionaire Steven Cohen.
Westlaw News & Insight is the only news source that gives you
- Timely news written by Reuters journalists for legal audiences
- Original content from a dedicated editorial team
- Thoughtful analysis from Westlaw Journal and Aspatore contributing authors
- Featured court documents and other high-value material on Westlaw
- Audio and video clips of trial and appellate court proceedings
- Court Wire live feeds of the most recently filed cases
Register for Westlaw News & Insight and link directly to deeper legal content on Westlaw.