November 4, 2010
Now there’s a new way to get the legal news you need – no subscription required. It’s called Westlaw News & Insight, and it’s actually four distinct websites designed to help attorneys keep pace with current events in these practice areas:
Here are today’s top stories from the Securities Litigation site.
|Canada blocks BHP-Potash deal
The Canadian government on Wednesday blocked BHP Billiton’s $39 billion bid for Potash Corp., the world’s biggest producer of a key crop nutrient, halting what had been the world’s biggest takeover attempt this year.
|Morgan Stanley knew of FrontPoint probe in 2008, says source
Morgan Stanley knew as far back as 2008 that U.S. securities regulators had contacted its hedge fund FrontPoint Partners in connection with an insider trading investigation, a person familiar with the situation told Reuters.
|MGM studio files for bankruptcy, Icahn backs plan
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. filed for bankruptcy on Wednesday, under a plan that would put one of Hollywood’s most storied film studios under the control of its lenders.
Westlaw News & Insight is the only news source that gives you
- Timely news written by Reuters journalists for legal audiences
- Original content from a dedicated editorial team
- Thoughtful analysis from Westlaw Journal and Aspatore contributing authors
- Featured court documents and other high-value material on Westlaw
- Audio and video clips of trial and appellate court proceedings
- Court Wire live feeds of the most recently filed cases
Register for Westlaw News & Insight and link directly to deeper legal content on Westlaw.