October 27, 2010
Now there’s a new way to get the legal news you need – no subscription required. It’s called Westlaw News & Insight, and it’s actually four distinct websites designed to help attorneys keep pace with current events in these practice areas:
Here are today’s top stories from the Securities Litigation site.
|Fed won’t join banks in appeal to Supreme Court
The Federal Reserve has decided not to join major banks in asking the U.S. Supreme Court to let the central bank keep secret the details of its emergency lending programs during the financial crisis.
|BHP challenge to Potash pill set for Nov.8 hearing in Canada
Canadian authorities will soon weigh in on the ongoing legal takeover battle between Saskatchewan-based Potash Corp. and hostile bidder BHP Billiton.
|Icahn ramps up MGM effort again
Carl Icahn presented another offer to lenders of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer on Tuesday in an effort to block a proposed prepackaged bankruptcy deal involving Spyglass Entertainment.
Westlaw News & Insight is the only news source that gives you
- Timely news written by Reuters journalists for legal audiences
- Original content from a dedicated editorial team
- Thoughtful analysis from Westlaw Journal and Aspatore contributing authors
- Featured court documents and other high-value material on Westlaw
- Audio and video clips of trial and appellate court proceedings
- Court Wire live feeds of the most recently filed cases
Register for Westlaw News & Insight and link directly to deeper legal content on Westlaw.