October 25, 2010
Now there’s a new way to get the legal news you need – no subscription required. It’s called Westlaw News & Insight, and it’s actually four distinct websites designed to help attorneys keep pace with current events in these practice areas:
Here are today’s top stories from the National Litigation site.
|Ex-AIG CEO Greenberg liable in part of Cuomo suit
A New York judge held former American International Group Inc. Chief Executive Maurice “Hank” Greenberg liable for damages on a reinsurance transaction that state Attorney General Andrew Cuomo said helped the insurer hide losses.
|Lawyer accused in TB scare can sue – 11th Circuit
A lawyer who provoked an international tuberculosis scare in 2007 when he flew to and from Europe with an infection can sue the U.S. government, an appeals court ruled on Friday.
|Hungary, rail firms sued in US over Holocaust role
Hungarian survivors of the Holocaust and families of the victims sued the Republic of Hungary and its two rail companies in U.S. court on Thursday, accusing them of collaborating with the Nazis to exterminate Jews during World War Two.
Westlaw News & Insight is the only news source that gives you
- Timely news written by Reuters journalists for legal audiences
- Original content from a dedicated editorial team
- Thoughtful analysis from Westlaw Journal and Aspatore contributing authors
- Featured court documents and other high-value material on Westlaw
- Audio and video clips of trial and appellate court proceedings
- Court Wire live feeds of the most recently filed cases
Register for Westlaw News & Insight and link directly to deeper legal content on Westlaw.