December 14, 2010
Now there’s a new way to get the legal news you need – no subscription required. It’s called Westlaw News & Insight, and it’s actually four distinct websites designed to help attorneys keep pace with current events in these practice areas:
Here are today’s top stories from the National Litigation site.
|Virginia federal judge rejects key part of Obama healthcare law
A U.S. district judge in Virginia on Monday declared unconstitutional a key part of President Barack Obama’s landmark healthcare law in the first major setback on an issue that will likely end up before the Supreme Court.
|WikiLeaks’ founder Assange seeks bail in UK court
Lawyers for Julian Assange, held in Britain over allegations of sex crimes in Sweden, will try again on Tuesday to win bail for the WikiLeaks founder who provoked U.S. fury by publishing secret diplomatic cables.
|A&P seen using bankruptcy to shut about 100 stores
Grocery store chain Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co filed for bankruptcy on Sunday, drained of cash by tough competition and a sluggish economic recovery.
Westlaw News & Insight is the only news source that gives you
- Timely news written by Reuters journalists for legal audiences
- Original content from a dedicated editorial team
- Thoughtful analysis from Westlaw Journal and Aspatore contributing authors
- Featured court documents and other high-value material on Westlaw
- Audio and video clips of trial and appellate court proceedings
- Court Wire live feeds of the most recently filed cases
Register for Westlaw News & Insight and link directly to deeper legal content on Westlaw.