December 7, 2010
Now there’s a new way to get the legal news you need – no subscription required. It’s called Westlaw News & Insight, and it’s actually four distinct websites designed to help attorneys keep pace with current events in these practice areas:
Here are today’s top stories from the National Litigation site.
|SPECIAL REPORT: Legal woes mount for a foreclosure kingpin
Foreclosure giant Lender Processing Services is facing serious legal woes including several class-action lawsuits and a federal criminal probe, a Reuters investigation reveals.
|Wal-Mart class-action appeal goes to Supreme Court
The U.S. Supreme Court said on Monday it would decide if the largest sex-discrimination class-action lawsuit in U.S. history against Wal-Mart Stores Inc. can proceed.
|Ninth Circuit hears California gay marriage case
Three federal appellate judges considering whether to allow gay marriage in California heard arguments Monday in a case many expect to land in the U.S. Supreme Court and set national policy.
Westlaw News & Insight is the only news source that gives you
- Timely news written by Reuters journalists for legal audiences
- Original content from a dedicated editorial team
- Thoughtful analysis from Westlaw Journal and Aspatore contributing authors
- Featured court documents and other high-value material on Westlaw
- Audio and video clips of trial and appellate court proceedings
- Court Wire live feeds of the most recently filed cases
Register for Westlaw News & Insight and link directly to deeper legal content on Westlaw.