November 23, 2010
Now there’s a new way to get the legal news you need – no subscription required. It’s called Westlaw News & Insight, and it’s actually four distinct websites designed to help attorneys keep pace with current events in these practice areas:
Here are today’s top stories from the National Litigation site.
|Legal challenges to foreclosure middleman are mounting
A little-known player in the home foreclosure process, MERS, is showing up in a number of unfavorable court rulings, a Reuters Legal review of Westlaw data shows.
|Feinberg pressured to disclose BP pay deal, but it’s up to him
Presiding over the $20 billion Gulf Coast Claims Facility puts Kenneth Feinberg in the unique position of having full power over the BP disaster money without any government supervision.
|Will Glaxo lawyer case have a chilling effect?
The prosecution of Lauren Stevens, the former GlaxoSmithKline in-house counsel who was recently indicted on charges of obstructing justice, raises difficult questions about the work lawyers do.
Westlaw News & Insight is the only news source that gives you
- Timely news written by Reuters journalists for legal audiences
- Original content from a dedicated editorial team
- Thoughtful analysis from Westlaw Journal and Aspatore contributing authors
- Featured court documents and other high-value material on Westlaw
- Audio and video clips of trial and appellate court proceedings
- Court Wire live feeds of the most recently filed cases
Register for Westlaw News & Insight and link directly to deeper legal content on Westlaw.