October 28, 2010
Now there’s a new way to get the legal news you need – no subscription required. It’s called Westlaw News & Insight, and it’s actually four distinct websites designed to help attorneys keep pace with current events in these practice areas:
Here are today’s top stories from the California Litigation site.
|Buffett’s Dairy Queen settles frozen yogurt case
International Dairy Queen Inc, owned by Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc., has settled a lawsuit in which it tried to stop a Southern California rival from selling a frozen yogurt with a name similar to its top-selling Blizzard.
|Former San Diego officials to settle fraud charges
Former San Diego officials will pay financial penalties to settle charges that they misled investors about the city’s municipal bonds, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission said.
|Class action filed over Civic Hybrid’s alleged fuel economy
Honda made false and misleading statements about the fuel economy of certain model years of its Civic Hybrid under normal driving conditions or using conventional driving techniques, according to a class action filed in California federal court.
Westlaw News & Insight is the only news source that gives you
- Timely news written by Reuters journalists for legal audiences
- Original content from a dedicated editorial team
- Thoughtful analysis from Westlaw Journal and Aspatore contributing authors
- Featured court documents and other high-value material on Westlaw
- Audio and video clips of trial and appellate court proceedings
- Court Wire live feeds of the most recently filed cases
Register for Westlaw News & Insight and link directly to deeper legal content on Westlaw.