November 9, 2010
Now there’s a new way to get the legal news you need – no subscription required. It’s called Westlaw News & Insight, and it’s actually four distinct websites designed to help attorneys keep pace with current events in these practice areas:
Here are today’s top stories from the Bankruptcy site.
|Bond insurer Ambac files for bankruptcy
Ambac Financial Group Inc, which was the second-largest U.S. bond insurer before suffering huge losses on risky mortgages, filed for bankruptcy on Monday, according to court documents.
|MGM studio seeks court OK for $500 million exit financing
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. sought bankruptcy court approval for a $500 million loan to facilitate its emergence from Chapter 11
|Supreme Court need not review ‘stub rent’ ruling, landlords say
A federal appeals court correctly held that commercial rent required to be paid in advance for a period following a bankruptcy filing is entitled to priority status, three landlords of retailer Goody’s Family Clothing have told the U.S. Supreme Court.
Westlaw News & Insight is the only news source that gives you
- Timely news written by Reuters journalists for legal audiences
- Original content from a dedicated editorial team
- Thoughtful analysis from Westlaw Journal and Aspatore contributing authors
- Featured court documents and other high-value material on Westlaw
- Audio and video clips of trial and appellate court proceedings
- Court Wire live feeds of the most recently filed cases
Register for Westlaw News & Insight and link directly to deeper legal content on Westlaw.