WESTLAW COST RECOVERY SOLUTIONS
Strategies for controlling and recovering your online research costs.
Most law firms would agree that online research represents a significant cost. If your firm chooses to recover all or some of its online research charges, West offers powerful and flexible solutions to help meet your needs.
- Managing online charges » Most law firms have a cost-recovery strategy in place, but all face hurdles. Here are the challenges you’re likely to encounter.
- Developing your strategy » Implementing a successful cost-recovery program requires three things: a sound strategy, firm-wide commitment, and a detailed plan for execution.
- Managing billing with QuickView+ » Find out how QuickView+, West’s online cost-recovery and reporting service for Westlaw, can help with your organization’s cost-recovery efforts.
- Setting up client validation » The key to effective cost recovery is ensuring that all research is assigned a valid client ID before research begins.
- Discussing cost recovery » Before changing your cost-recovery policies, make sure your firm’s partners are equipped to explain the charges to your clients.
- Training for success » Ongoing training is necessary for users to conduct online research within the parameters of your firm’s cost-recovery policies.