WestlawNext “Vote to Make a Difference” Charitable Contest
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: The WESTLAWNEXT “Vote to Make a Difference” Charitable Contest (“Contest”) is open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of WESTLAW NEXT (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, and such the immediate families (spouse, children, parents, siblings and each of their spouses) and those living in their same households (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited.
2. Promotional Period: Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. ET on July 17, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on August 31, 2013, or when 5,000 votes for a single nonprofit organization have been placed (“Promotional Period”), whichever happens sooner. All votes must be received and recorded by the Sponsor’s computer during the Promotional Period to be eligible.
4. Limitations of Liability: Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for lost, illegible, late, misdirected, incomplete, mutilated, or non-delivered votes or email; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Web site, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software or telephone malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest; and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of the Web site. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with entry process or operation of Contest or Website, to be acting in violation of the terms of the Website or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading or copying materials from or use of Website. If, for any reason, Contest, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Contest, and determine winning nonprofit legal organization from eligible votes received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. In case of dispute, authorized account subscriber of e-mail account used to enter at actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account subscriber” is deemed to be natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
5. Governing Law: By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
6. Winners List: The winning nonprofit legal organization will be posted on the Legal Solutions blog after the winner is verified.