March 2, 2011
A: Yes, there at least two ways.
If you are already viewing a relevant case, you will likely see a key number under which the relevant point of law is classified.
- To retrieve a list of similar headnotes from other cases, simply click the West topic or key number in the case.
- If you decide you need headnotes from different jurisdictions, click Change at the top of your results.
If you want key numbers for case retrieval but are not viewing a relevant case, click West Key Number System on the Tools tab.
- Next, type a term (e.g., pollution) in the Title Search text box in the right column and click Search.
- A list of key numbers is displayed.
- To retrieve a list of headnotes classified under a key number on the list, click the key number.