June 15, 2009
Westlaw now offers you thousands of federal legislative histories compiled by GAO law librarians in an easily searchable format
No more time-consuming searches for rare, scattered documents. With one search in FED-LH, get the compiled history of virtually every statute passed by Congress between 1960 and 1995 – with links to original historical documents in PDF format.
- More than 8,500 compiled histories
- Coverage of most federal public laws enacted between 1960 and 1995
- Original documents in PDF format
See FED-LH for FREE, a sample on Westlaw.On Westlaw you can view and print a sample FED-LH document – and even view all PDF documents linked to it – without incurring search or transactional charges. Go to this database on Westlaw DEMO-FED-LH and see compiled legislative history for Pub. L. No. 99-607, a piece of minor legislation selected to minimize unauthorized use.
Planned Release over four years: More than 20,000 compiled histories
- Coverage from 1915, 1921 to 1995
- Nearly one million legislative documents in PDF format
- Get complete federal legislative histories
- Legislative history for a public law includes original versions of all documents leading up to the passage of the law, including but not limited to: Bill text, Bill tracking and summaries
Public laws , Committee reports , Congressional Record, Testimony, Presidential statements and messages, Committee schedules and Executive orders