April 2, 2012
There’s nothing worse than citing law that has been overruled or changed. Stay on top of it with KeyCite® – where you can easily find the validity of a law on a moment’s notice. Whether you’re in a courtroom or a conference room, you can access WestlawNext® on your smartphone and have the most complete, accurate, and up-to-the-minute citation service at your fingertips.
- Verification: KeyCite flags at the top of the document let you instantly verify whether your case, statute, regulation, or administrative decision is still good law
- Red Flag: Warns that the case is no longer good law for at least one of the points it contains
- Yellow Flag: Warns that the case has some negative history, but hasn’t been reversed.
- Up-to-the-minute accuracy: You’ll see a case’s direct history and precedential changes within 24 hours
- Support for your legal arguments: KeyCite provides more citing references for more types of documents than any other service
Accessing KeyCite Information on WestlawNext Mobile
You can access KeyCite information on your mobile device in the following ways:
From the home page, click on KeyCite a Document. Then simply type the citation in the box and click the KeyCite button.
In the search box at the top of the home page, enter the KeyCite command followed by the citation. The search box will recognize any of the following commands:
keycite < citation >
keycite: < citation >
kc < citation >
kc: < citation >
While viewing a document, click the Jump to Bottom icon ( ). The Related Information section provides quick access to citing references, negative treatment, history, and court filings related to your selected document.
Click a KeyCite status flag in a document or on a results list.