January 9, 2012
WestlawNext® facilitates efficient, cost-effective collaboration between colleagues, clients, and co-counsel. With folder sharing, you can share your research with fellow WestlawNext users and tap into the collective knowledge of your entire research team.
General Tips for Sharing Your Research
Here are a few ideas on when to leverage this powerful technology:
- Create research folders that are dedicated to a practice area or topic and then share your expertise with colleagues in your field.
- Use folders to house research on a specific matter or client and then share it with associates and partners working remotely (or simply working down the hall).
- Instead of mailing or emailing copies of documents, use folders to instantly share research with confidence that the documents are always the most up-to-date versions and still valid law.
- Start new projects by reviewing pre-populated folders created by experts on your research team.
- Easily collaborate with clients, co-counsel or experts by sharing research with outside colleagues working on same or similar matters.
How to Share a Folder
Sharing folders is accomplished in a few simple steps.
1. On the folders page, click on the folder you want to share.
2. Click on the Share ( ) icon or choose Share from the Options menu.
3. Add participants by typing their name or email address. Then click Continue.
4. Select a role for each participant and click Share.
To learn additional details and to see folder sharing in action, please view the Folder Sharing video tutorials in the Help Center. Simply click Help at the bottom of any page and then click Video Tutorials.