April 8, 2013
(Editor’s note: This is a repost of a Tip of the Week published on May 28, 2012. Because of its popularity, we are publishing it again).
Send WestlawNext® documents to your Kindle™ and conveniently take your research with you wherever you go, without wasting paper. Documents are formatted to provide a reading experience that’s optimized for Kindle, including the ability to adjust the text size and font to suit your reading preference.
To send one or more WestlawNext documents to your Kindle device or Kindle app:
- Select the document(s) you want to send.
- Click the arrow next to the Delivery icon ( ) and choose Kindle from the drop-down list.
- Type in your Kindle email address and make selections on the Layout and Limits tab, if desired.
- Click Send.
Documents will be sent to the Kindle device or reading app via the email address you provided in step 3 above.
A few additional points to remember:
- The Kindle Email Address field retains the most recent email address you entered. You must type the email address the first time you use this feature, after which the system will remember your email address.
- To prevent spam, your Kindle will only receive files from email addresses you have authorized. Be sure to add email@example.com to the Kindle’s “Approved E-mail List.”
- A limit of 24 documents can be sent to your Kindle at one time.
- A size limit of 15 MB is also in place. If the documents you are sending exceed 15 MB, a download link will be emailed, which you can send to your Kindle through your email.
- Document formatting is not guaranteed.