January 14, 2013
WestlawNext® makes it easy for you to organize and repurpose your research by creating folders and saving important documents in them. Now, you can boost your productivity and improve collaboration even more by adding descriptions to folders and saved documents. Add descriptions in folders to:
- indicate the context or significance of the folder or documents saved to it
- provide a quick note about a document’s relevance to those working with a shared folder
- keep track of your colleagues’ interactions with a document across matters and projects
Descriptions – up to 250 characters each – can be added to folders, subfolders, and documents saved to folders. Follow these steps to add a description to a folder or document:
- Go to the Folders page (or click the Project Folder in the header)
- Hover your mouse over the folder or document name and click the Add
Description icon ( )
- Type a description in the text box and click Save.
Viewing and Sharing Descriptions
When you view your folders, you will see your descriptions at a glance. If you share your folders with colleagues, descriptions will display for every recipient of the shared folder and contributors will be able to add their own descriptions.
To modify or delete a description, hover over the description and click the Edit link.
In shared folders:
- Owners may edit and delete descriptions added by any participant
- Contributors may edit and delete the descriptions they’ve added
- Reviewers may view the descriptions added by others but cannot edit or delete them