December 13, 2012
This week the Thomson Reuters Legal Current corporate communications blog took a global perspective, highlighting our support for the Books for Africa project, this included a 5k event on our corporate campus in Minnesota. Check out the video below for a closer look at our efforts to make books available to those that need them around the world.
Continuing on this global theme the Legal Current hosted a panel discussion on Terracotta Warriors, the Rule of Law, and Globalization. This was done in conjunction with an exhibit at the the Minneapolis Institute of Arts from October 28, 2012 to January 20, 2013, featuring rare archaeological artifacts from the Qin Dynasty (221-207, BC) of China, including the spectacular Terracotta Warriors, one of the “Eight Wonders of the World.”
Returning to domestic affairs, The Legal Current blog also shared our involvement in an upcoming seminar. The New York City Bar Association and Thomson Reuters will co-host the Institute for Corporate Counsel: Navigating the Boardroom, the Courtroom and the Space Between on Friday, Dec. 7, 2012, at the New York City Bar Association.
Finally, some words of wisdom for outside counsel seeking to work with in-house counsel. Some key take-aways for outside counsel, from the perspective of corporate counsel:
- Know about me before you meet me.
- Know my business.
- Know my industry and my competition.
- Think ahead. Look to the future and tell me what you think are upcoming issues and trends that will impact my business and how. Then, tell me what I should do about it.
- Talk to me about how you have helped other clients with the same problem.
- Help me succeed in my company and career.