January 17, 2012
- 48A Automobiles
- 48AV Injuries from Operation, or Use of Highway
- 48AV(A) Nature and Grounds of Liability
- 48Ak202 Contributory Negligence
- 48Ak226 Effect of Contributory Negligence
- 48Ak226(2) k. Proximate Cause of Injury.
Plaintiff who was straddling fender while automobile was moving at clip of 20 to 25 miles per hour on curving gravel road, at night, with heavy double-barreled shotgun in his hands, was negligent and his negligence was proximate cause of injuries sustained when he fell off automobile while shouldering gun to fire at rabbit.
Miller v. Gen. Acc. Fire & Life Assur. Corp., Ltd., 280 So. 2d 280 (La. Ct. App. 1973)
Suggested by Marie Erickson, Head of Public Services; Law Library of Louisiana; New Orleans, LA