December 17, 2013
- 115 Damages
- 115III Grounds and Subjects of Compensatory Damages
- 115III(A) Direct or Remote, Contingent, or Prospective Consequences or Losses
- 115III(A)2 Mental Suffering and Emotional Distress
- 115k57.13 Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress
- 115k57.18 k. Particular Cases.
Conduct of an allegedly rude postal clerk did not create an unreasonable risk of causing a customer emotional distress, as required for the customer to recover on a claim of negligent infliction of emotional distress under Delaware law.
Greene v. U.S. Postal Serv., 462 F. Supp. 2d 578 (D. Del. 2006)