September 20, 2013
- 349B Securities Regulation
- 349BI Federal Regulation
- 349BI(C) Trading and Markets
- 349BI(C)7 Fraud and Manipulation
- 349Bk60.17 Manipulative, Deceptive or Fraudulent Conduct
- 349Bk60.27 Misrepresentation
- 349Bk60.27(5) k. Forecasts, Estimates, Predictions or Projections.
The securities laws do not require that investors be treated like children; investors know that the stock market is a risky business and that when a company’s officer makes predictions they are not issuing guarantees.
Gissin v. Endres, 739 F. Supp. 2d 488 (S.D.N.Y. 2010)