July 21, 2014
- 241 Limitation of Actions
- 241II Computation of Period of Limitation
- 241II(A) Accrual of Right of Action or Defense
- 241k46 Contracts in General
- 241k46(6) k. Breach of Contract in General.
Daughter’s claim for restitution against father based on theory of promissory estoppel for father’s alleged inducement of daughter to work on his cattle ranch by promising to bequeath to her land worth over $1 million accrued, and three-year statute of limitations for obligations not in writing began to run, at the earliest, on date that father told daughter her help was no longer needed at cattle ranch.
Bouton v. Byers, 321 P.3d 780 (Kan. Ct. App. 2014)