May 20, 2013
- 115 Damages
- 115III Grounds and Subjects of Compensatory Damages
- 115III(A) Direct or Remote, Contingent, or Prospective Consequences or Losses
- 115III(A)2 Mental Suffering and Emotional Distress
- 115k57.19 Intentional or Reckless Infliction of Emotional Distress; Outrage
- 115k57.25 Particular Cases
- 115k57.25(1) k. In General.
Restaurant’s denial of entry to customer’s untrained service puppy was not extreme or outrageous conduct under California law, as would be intentional infliction of emotional distress (IIED), where puppy was not fully trained or vaccinated, as required to be a service animal.
Davis v. Ma, 848 F.Supp.2d 1105 (C.D. Cal. 2012)