May 8, 2014
- 170B Federal Courts
- 170BXVII Courts of Appeals
- 170BXVII(K) Scope and Extent of Review
- 170BXVII(K)4 Harmless and Reversible Error
- 170Bk3686 Particular Errors as Harmless or Prejudicial
- 170Bk3700 Trial
- 170Bk3700(3) k. Remarks and Conduct of Trial Judge.
Because of the fundamental need for judicial neutrality, the harmless error doctrine is inapplicable in cases where judicial bias or hostility is found to have been exhibited at any stage of a judicial proceeding.
Anderson v. Sheppard, 856 F.2d 741 (6th Cir. 1988)