January 17, 2013
- 217 Insurance
- 217XVII Coverage–Liability Insurance
- 217XVII(A) In General
- 217k2273 Risks and Losses
- 217k2278 Common Exclusions
- 217k2278(2) Intentional Acts or Injuries
- 217k2278(3) k. In general.
A homeowner’s insurer was not obligated to defend or pay for damages in a state civil action ensuing from its insured’s having bitten off the nose and ears of the plaintiff; the policy excluded coverage for conduct which was expected or intended by the insured.
W. Am. Ins. Co. v. Maestas, 631 F. Supp. 1565 (D. Colo. 1986)
Suggested by Jeff Kelson; U.S. District Court – Colorado; Denver, CO