October 14, 2011
- 231H Labor and Employment
- 231HXVIII Rights and Liabilities as to Third Parties
- 231HXVIII(B) Acts of Employee
- 231HXVIII(B)2 Actions
- 231Hk3092 Evidence
- 231Hk3096 Weight and Sufficiency
- 231Hk3096(6) Scope of Employment
- 231Hk3096(8) k. Intentional Acts.
In action against operators of restaurant for injuries sustained by patron when assaulted by employee, evidence that employee and patron were not acquainted, that assault occurred when patron told employee that his hamburger sandwich contained unground meat and that he would show it to the proprietor sustained finding that employee was acting within scope of employment when he attacked the patron.
Dilli v. Johnson, 107 F.2d 669 (D.C. Cir. 1939)
Suggested by Jol Silversmith, Attorney; Zuckert, Scoutt & Rasenberger; Washington, DC