October 11, 2012
- 106 Courts
- 106II Establishment, Organization, and Procedure
- 106II(G) Rules of Decision
- 106k88 Previous Decisions as Controlling or as Precedents
- 106k96 Decisions of United States Courts as Authority in Other United States Courts
- 106k96(3) k. Supreme Court Decisions.
A federal appellate court must follow the Supreme Court’s directions, not pick and choose among them as if ordering from a menu.
Surefoot LC v. Sure Foot Corp., 531 F.3d 1236 (10th Cir. 2008)
Suggested by Valerie Garber, Principal Attorney Editor, Thomson Reuters