December 21, 2016
As 2016 comes to a close, we at Thomson Reuters Westlaw want to THANK YOU for another amazing year. It is your need to confidently get the right answer quickly that fuels our drive for innovation. That’s why we continue to invest in technology where it matters most to you, so you can find exactly what you need at every step of the way.
In 2016, we released a number of new enhancements on Westlaw to help you streamline your legal research and work more efficiently. Take a look at some of the latest enhancements that customers were most excited about:
- Research Recommendations: Uses our editorial tools and common usage patterns to suggest additional documents and Key Numbers that are relevant to your legal research session.
- Westlaw Answers: Provides quick answers to common types of legal questions with links to authoritative court decisions.
- Snapshots: Quickly access summary information on attorneys, judges, experts, companies and select popular statutes.
- Folder Analysis: Analyzes the cases in a folder in order to identify the legal issues present and recommends additional cases and provides a visual representation of those issues.
- Best Portion: Run a plain language search, and Westlaw will use search term frequency, proximity, and occurrence within the document to identify up to four “Best Portions” and direct you to the sections that are of greatest relevance to you.
- Westlaw iPhone App: Stay up-to-date on news and practice areas, track companies and much more. The download is free to subscribers at the iTunes Store.
Thanks again for another fantastic year and for helping to make Westlaw the industry’s most preferred online legal research service.
P.S. We can’t wait to show you what’s coming in 2017! Check out the ‘What’s new on Westlaw’ page often to see Westlaw’s latest innovations.
Plus, catch up on some of the most popular blogs of 2016: